Saturday, September 04, 2004

 

Thursday Night Poker in Dallas

Thursday night I played poker in Dallas. The poker scene in Dallas is a lively one, and I understand that there are over 30 cardrooms here. (I think that might be an understatement.) I've also read that if you can beat the poker games in Dallas, you can beat the poker games anywhere, because the players in Dallas are good. I don't know if that's true or not, but I took my $400 bankroll down to the club and sat down.

I met my friend Todd at Wizard's before going over to the poker club. Wizards has free poker tournaments on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7pm and 10pm. Looked like they had about 100 or so players this last Thursday night, so it's obviously doing well for them. Had two shots of Crown Royal before heading over to the poker room.

I played in a single table tournament first, and busted out on my very second hand. I had pocket Q's and played them aggressively before the flop. I was heads up with a very attractive Asian girl who had suited connectors (hearts I think). She flopped her flush, and I flopped a set of Q's. She went all in and like a fool I called her. I keep forgetting that it takes a stronger hand to call a raise than it does to make a raise.

The cash game after the tournament went pretty well though. I won about $230 and seemed to make every draw that I attempted. This was a good thing too, because it made up for the $40 entry fee to the tournament, and it also made up for the $200 I lost there a couple of weeks beforehand.

Not much else to report, other than that I've been checking out some more poker rooms online, and I'll be writing some reviews of the different place soon. The online poker room I like best now is Ultimate Bet. Check it out--great software, and I won 2nd in my first SnG there too.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?