Friday, November 05, 2004

 

Playing Poker for a Living Online

I was reading about people playing poker online for a living here. I think it's great that there are people good enough at this game to make $100k a year playing it. And I wish I was one of them. I also hope they all play at some other table besides mine.

I got a great compliment from a friend of mine. (T.) He and I were talking about playing online, and I mentioned that I wasn't going to sit at his table anymore. I told him that I wanted to play at tables where I was the best player at the table, so there was no real point in playing at a table with someone who was so much better than me. Especially since I know he's so much better than I am.

His reply? "Don't even pull that with me. I've seen you walk out of the poker room in Richardson up 800% for the evening."

Anyway--coming from T., who is one of the best (and tightest) players I've ever seen, I took that as a huge compliment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?