Monday, December 27, 2004
How Much Are My Poker Chips Worth?
First off, your poker chips can be worth anything you and the other players in your home game agree to. But I recommend sticking with the standard values, because it will make things less confusing for you and your poker playing buddies.
The most common colors of poker chips and their standard values are listed below:
- Black chips are generally worth $100 each.
- Green chips are generally worth $25 each.
- Blue chips are generally worth $10 each.
- Red chips are generally worth $5 each.
- White chips are generally worth $1 each.
There are other colors of poker chips in use, but you'll probably only see them rarely. If you see them in a casino or at a buddy's house, and you need to know what they're worth, no one's going to give you a hard time for not knowing what the chips are worth.