Friday, March 04, 2005

 

McKinney, Texas Poker

So I played in McKinney, Texas tonight. For those of you who don't know, McKinney is just north of Dallas, about 30 miles. It was a nice big poker room with a really friendly host and a bunch of great friendly people. There was an $80 buy in no limit holdem tournament that I played in and did okay in. (I placed 17th or so out of about 41, so not in the money, but nothing embarassing.)

Then I sat down and bought in for $300 in the cash game. That was the beginning of the end. And the end came quickly tonight. It was $1/$2 pot limit, and I got confused and thought someone had called before me when he'd actually bet the pot. I had AQ suited. So I wound up putting a lot more money in the pot than I'd anticipated. Drove one guy out, but the guy who stayed in re-raised. Then, like a goddamned fool who didn't know what the hell he was doing, I went all-in. Naturally he had a pair of kings. I busted out and slunk away ashamed and depressed.

BUT...the host was such a cool guy that he followed me out to the parking lot, told me how much he enjoyed having me there, and asked me to make sure I came back again soon. I guess I could have tried going to an ATM and getting some more cash, but I was so mad at myself at my bad play that I just couldn't bring myself to play anymore. It also occurred to me that I hadn't updated my blog in a month, and I definitely have something to write about now.

Damn I was embarassed at that bad play when I left. I normally play pretty well too. I'll definitely be heading back out to McKinney to play there again though. All the dealers were lovely, healthy country girls, and sweet as pie. And there were plenty of people there. Probably could have made some money tonight if I hadn't played so damn stupid.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?