Wednesday, March 09, 2005

 

Poker Books and Other Stuff I'm Reading Right Now

Here are the poker books I'm currently reading or skimming or scanning:

Super/System 2 - First impressions are good so far. I understand that the section on no limit is virtually identical to the original, but the rest of the book looks darn good. One interesting distinction that I picked up, and something I hadn't really thought about before, was that I should be working on getting good at multiple games instead of specializing in just one game. (This was in the Steve Zolotow section of the book.) Basically he recommends that people who know several strategies for success are better off than people who only know one. (Foxes and hedgehogs.) Makes sense when you read it.

Pot-Limit and No-Limit Poker by Stewart Reuben and Bob Ciaffone - This one I picked up in Vegas, and it's interesting, although not particularly well written. (Which is okay with me if the content is good and helps me win more money.) I haven't gotten very far, but I did think it was interesting that pot-limit and no-limit poker are much bigger in the UK than here, and that most UK players don't even know how to play limit poker. Amazing. Anyway, I'm not far into it, so I don't have much to report.

And some poker books that I have and that I have read include:

Holdem Poker by David Sklansky
Holdem Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky
Play Poker Like the Pros by Phil Hellmuth
The Psychology of Poker by Alan Schoonmaker
Zen and the Art of Poker by Larry Phillips

That's just a sample of some of the books that I really liked. Hell, eventually I might write a review of each of them and post it here.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?