Sunday, June 12, 2005

 

Differences Between Limit and No Limit Holdem

Okay, so I've been playing limit holdem at Full Tilt Poker now for quite a while, and I think I'm starting to get a grip on the differences between limit and no limit, or at least how to play profitably in limit versus no limit. I think it's pretty common for no limit players to have a hard time gearing down for limit holdem. I know that I've had a tough time playing in low stakes limit games because I try to buy pots all the time just like I would in no limit, but I always get called down because I can't make a big enough bet to run anyone off.

So I've been losing big time over at Full Tilt Poker at the limit tables, my comments regarding the poor play there notwithstanding. I'm one of the poor players. One thing I noticed is that I'm probably playing way too many hands preflop, so I've got to plug that leak. Another problem I have is that I'm not paying enough attention to my game while I'm playing. I'm spending too much time looking at other websites and checking my email while I play.

Party Riches is holding a freeroll for members only tonight. I'll be playing in that event, and we'll see how I do. I have to download Paradise Poker, which is a poker site I haven't tried yet, but that's a good thing, because I need to review that site for my online poker rooms review site anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?