Sunday, July 03, 2005

 

Robert Guinther in Killeen Texas

Read an article about how Robert Guinther mistakenly won a seat in the WSOP. Interesting stuff--basically he bought into what he thought was a $10 SnG, but it turned out it was actually a WSOP qualifier. He lives in Killeen, Texas, which is where I used to work when I worked at Olan Mills (it was one of my stores, I was an area manager.)

Anyway, it's funny how these things work out sometimes. I won a freeroll into a Super Weeknight at Party Poker about a year ago, and accidentally won it, then wound up hitting 5th place in the actual tournament. Won $6k and paid off my pickup truck. Lost the rest of the prize money trying to duplicate the event.

Anyway, Mr. Guinther has my congratulations, and nothing would please me more to see him win the main event there at the WSOP next week. Well, except for seeing my friend Susan Austin win. She's the bomb. LOL

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?