Monday, July 04, 2005

 

Shannon Sharpe Training with Mark Seif for WSOP

Shannon Sharpe is well-known to me as a promoter of Myoplex for Bill Phillips, back when Phillips was still running Muscle Media magazine. I'm not much of a football fan, so I didn't really know anything about Shannon Sharpe the football player, other than he was promoting for EAS. But now I read that he's going to be playing in the World Series of Poker, and that Mark Seif is going to be training him for it. It's amazing to me how much publicity and how many ideas for publicity are being generated in this new poker industry these days.

Absolute Poker is the poker room online that's bringing this celebrity to the poker table in Vegas this year, and more power to 'em. They're a great poker room, and if booking Shannon Sharpe to play in the WSOP for them is going to make stuff happen for them, then I'm all for it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?