Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

Heads Up Poker at Pokerstars.com

I've been playing almost exclusively the heads up sit-and-go's over at Pokerstars.com lately. The $5.25 buy-in is the level at which I've been playing, and yesterday I played 20 of these. I lost 12 and won 8. I haven't calculated with the vig included how many of these I have to win on a regular basis before it becomes positive EV, but I'm reasonably sure that it's more than 50%, and so far I'm running at about 40%. So I've got a long ways to go.

But as the other poker pundits point out on a regular basis, the long run is a lot longer than you think. So there's plenty of time.

Why did I start playing all the heads-up sit and go's? I got interested in that Michael Craig book, The Professor, The Banker, and the Suicide King which is an abolutely fantastic read. If I didn't have a respiratory infection, I'd probably be finished with it already.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?