Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

Paul Phillips Says Good-bye to the Two Plus Two Forums

Paul Phillips once said that if the folks at the Two plus Two forum ever deleted one of his posts he'd leave for good, and it looks as if he's not only willing to go through with that, he's announced that he's leaving Two plus Two on his blog.

Having been a moderator on some forums, I understand that a moderator's job is tough, but I've also spent a lot of time lurking at Two plus Two. And I lurk because I'm afraid to post. Someone over at Paul's blog mentioned that every time someone new makes a post at 2+2 that the inevitable response is that "this questions has been asked millions of times before, why don't you use the search function, and I make $200,000 a year playing poker".

I tend to agree that this is the prevailing attitude there. While I've found an incredible amount of useful information at Two plus Two over the last couple of years of poker playing, I've also found the atmosphere there to be less than welcoming. It seems to me like there's no reason you can't be smart and helpful at the same time.

When I read the post that got deleted at Two plus Two over at Paul's blog, it surprised me that it had been deleted. I've seen far worse there on more than one occasion.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?