Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

Learning to Play Pot Limit Omaha/8 - My Win Rate

I've been learning to play pot limit Omaha/8 over at Full Tilt Poker, and I like the game very much. I spent 2 hours tonight on the six person tables playing $0.10/$0.25 pot limit, and I won a total of $59.15, so my hourly win rate for the evening is approximately $29.60. (And yeah, I know that 2 hours doesn't mean a thing, and that I need a LOT more hours to draw any conclusions about my play.)

But...these do seem to be the kinds of results I'm seeing pretty consistently. Lots of players sitting down short stacked. In fact, I don't think I can recall seeing more than 1 player tonight with a bigger stack than $10. I've been buying in for the full $25. My guess is that at this level these guys are still trying to learn how to play, and so they're not risking much of their bankroll.

I told Steve Badger I was learning to play Omaha/8 tonight, and he seemed amused. (I think he's more amused that I'm wasting my time on that than on building my new poker website than anything else.) Anyway, believe it or not, that was one of the first times I've ever actually discussed poker with Steve; we almost always talk webmastering and SEO when we speak.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?