Monday, June 04, 2007

 

Mondays at the Hoy and Omaha 8

Iggy invited me to play in the "Mondays at the Hoy" tonight at Full Tilt Poker. It's a $24 + $2 tonight. I placed 16th out of 45 or so, but I don't feel bad, cuz it was a blogger tournament, and those guys know how to play poker better than I do. (For some reason I still don't think of myself as a real poker blogger, even though I've had this blog up for a few years now.)

I've been learning how to play Omaha/8 lately, and I'm really enjoying that, mostly because I'm winning. In fact, I didn't do any work on my new poker site today because I've been so busy actually playing some poker. When I haven't been playing poker, I've been reading Steve Badger's site about Omaha strategy.

I've got a copy of Super/System 2 here, and I've heard that Bobby Baldwin's section about how to play Omaha/8 is pretty good, so I'm going to dig into that a little bit before I go to sleep tonight. I ordered 2 books about Omaha/8 over at Amazon today too. They should be here tomorrow. (The books are Winning Omaha/8 Poker and High-Low-Split Poker, Seven-Card Stud and Omaha Eight-or-better for Advanced Players. That latter book might not be a good one for me, since I'm not what I'd consider an "advanced player", but I'm looking forward to reading it anyway.

The Omaha/8 games are super soft at Full Tilt Poker, IMO, at least at the levels I'm playing. I'm mostly at the no limit and pot limit tables with the lower buy-in's, but I'm way profitable so far.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?