Sunday, June 24, 2007

 

Poker Strategy Thoughts and More Random Stuff

I haven't posted in a bit, and this post doesn't contain much but some random poker dribblings frmo my feeble mind. I've got a couple of new poker strategy articles available at my new website here:
Enjoy.

Eye on Gambling also published some interesting stuff about Bill Chen being accused of collusion at the WSOP. I think it's nonsensical. Deals like this happen all the time at lots of poker tournaments, and the officials said it was fine. EOG tries to get extra press by being the National Enquirer of the gambling business, which is probably okay if you're into that sort of thing. I'm not, so I'll mention the article here, but I'm not linking to it.

I played in the Full Tilt Poker Fifty Fifty tournament last night. I placed 850th, and I went out with AQ preflop. Got all in against JJ and didn't improve. Probably not the best way to play AQ that early in the tournament, but what the hell. I thought everyone else would fold. (One of the other players had AQ too.)

Shirley Rosario's poker journal made me laugh the other day too, where she said that Steve Badger's "patience for poker and poker players is very thin. He can usually only handle one event before he is ready to go back home."

You would almost think Steve's a bit curmudgeonly.

Poker News is the place to get real time updates from the WSOP, by the way. Check it out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?