Sunday, October 10, 2004

 

Poker Hobgoblins and Ben Affleck

"Trick or Treat! We're the Poker Hobgoblins!"

My god but this article made me laugh. I'd love to see my kids want to dress up as famous poker players for Halloween.

I saw another article today about Ben Affleck being on the cover of All In magazine. My aunt brought me a copy of the magazine when she was in Vegas this year. She was there visiting her son, but the WSOP was going on at the same time, so she picked up a copy for me. I thought I'd heard a rumor that the magazine was already in financial trouble, but I can't imagine that's true, considering poker's tremendous popularity right now.

One of the things that I like about Ben Affleck, aside from him being a poker player, is that he's not only a handsome guy, but he's thoroughly likeable too. I could easily see hanging out with him and having a beer and shooting the breeze. From what I understand, he's one of these really good celebrity players too.

I've been playing a lot at Party Poker lately. It's funny though--seems like every time I sit down at a table, it gets really tight really fast. And I'm not playing really high stakes at all; I'm just playing $2/$4 limit holdem.

I was coming up really high in Google for Clonie Gowen until recently. I'm like any other webmaster, I guess, even poker webmasters need traffic. And I was really pleased I was getting between 3 and 5 visitors a day who were searching for her name. But now I'm nowhere to be found for that term any more.

Not much else to report today. I'm doing well at Party's $2/$4 tables lately, and will probably swing by there tonight to play a bit more.

Ultimate Bet


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?